We have something that belongs to you.
Your place in Cambria history.
There's a lot going on at the Cambria Historical Museum because history happens here every day. And what we do is all about you. Tours. Reunions. Classes. Research. School visits. And more.
The nonprofit Cambria Historical Society of dedicated volunteers has served the community well for two decades. We are proud of our many accomplishments and we look forward to continue serving local businesses and residents in the future. Our successes include:
- Purchase and extensive restoration of the dilapidated Guthrie-Bianchini House
- Creation of the Cambria Historical Museum for the enjoyment and enlightenment of locals and visitors
- Opening of the museum grounds as a public park in the heart of downtown
- Offering walking tours of historic East and West villages
- Creation of a new venue for business, visitor and community events .
- Originator of the Scarecrow/Harvest Festival and other activities that draw people downtown
- Annual participation in Hospitality Night and other communitywide programs
- Promotion of Cambria as a unique village full of fascinating history
- Cambria Chamber of Commerce members in good standing for 20 years
Businesses Benefit by Becoming Members
According to the U.S. Commerce Department, more than one-quarter of U.S. adults and one-third of travelers from overseas visit a museum or historic site on their trips. And heritage tourists are reported to take longer trips and spend more money, boosting the economy and creating jobs.
The Cambria Historical Museum is a heritage destination with over 20,000 visitors in 4 years of operation. Our museum docents are ambassadors for our community and our exhibits entertain with stories and photos that distinguish Cambria from anywhere USA. We give walking tours, organize downtown festivals, sponsor lectures and classes and share information from our archive of historic treasures.
Here's the bottom line. We want you to join us as a Family, Friend or Business Member. Together we can keep history alive and share this unique and wonderful place with the world.